Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Booksigning

After 50 plus books, I don't usually blog over book signings. But a new Books A Million just opened up in the Brandon Mall in Florida. And they are romance friendly! In this day and age, it's a cause to celebrate. The store was not only willing to carry my new books but my backlist. So this is really special.

I was totally psyched to go and sign books. And then they ordered a gazillion Kiss Me Deadly books and put up tote bags for their sign in the window and my palms broke into a sweat.

Normally, I sell between 10-25 books at a signing. And this store brought in so many there is NO WAY I can sell that many. Yikes. I doubt that many people will even walk by in two hours and even if every one of them bought a book, I still won't sell them all. Then as I often do, I started to really worry. I imagined myself sitting there behind this mountain of books and no one buying any. It's many authors' worst nightmare. I'd rather face an alien invasion than sit behind a table of books and be unable to sell them, with no one to talk to and wishing I could make myself invisible.

This is when I start counting friends--friends who I could talk into coming in to buy a book in the middle of a busy Saturday. But for those of you who don't keep track, this week is the Romance Writers of America National Conference. So most of my friends are out of town.

So if you happen to be in Brandon Florida, between 2-4pm on Saturday, please stop by the Books A Million and pick up a book for yourself, your mom, your best friend, your grandmother and the alien who lives under your bed....

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:20 PM EDT

    If only *sigh*. I don't live in the USA or I would be there as I love you rbooks and I want to add Kiss Me Deadly to my collection :)
    Oh and how did you know about that alien under my bed? I thought I had kept him my dark secret. LOL

    ReplyDelete