Thursday, April 12, 2012

Flying Cars Again

This one, apparently, will actually become commercially available in the near future:

Terrafugia Transition

It will cost you over $200,000, though, according to one of the other articles I discovered with a Google search. And is it a true "flying car"? One headline calls it a "roadable sport aircraft," which sounds more accurate. What kind of license will be required for driving (or piloting) this hybrid vehicle? Something more stringent than an ordinary driver's permit, I hope. You'd probably need to get a private pilot's license of some kind.

I don't expect to see ordinary commuters flitting around like George Jetson anytime soon. More reasonable would be having these "roadable aircraft" available for hire, like taxicabs, with trained pilots at the controls.

Margaret L. Carter
Carter's Crypt

No comments:

Post a Comment