Thursday, March 18, 2010

International Conference on the Fantastic in the Arts

As you read this, I’ve flown to Orlando for the International Conference on the Fantastic in the Arts, which combines the best features of an academic conference and a fan convention (well, except that nobody wears costumes). Lots of editors and authors attend, in addition to scholars of all fields of speculative fiction in various media. Today (Thursday) I’ll do a reading from my erotic shapeshifter romance LOVE UNLEASHED and chair a panel on vampires in anime and manga.

I am SO looking forward to the warm sun and hoping the few predicted showers don’t materialize. Though I’m not one to waste prime panel-attending time that I’ve PAID for by lounging around the outdoor bar, I do like to take a daily walk outside. This hotel sits next to an artificial lake where some people professed to have seen alligators last year. I didn’t glimpse one, but maybe this year—from a cautious distance, of course.

By the way, today my monthly post about vintage vampire novels on Michele Hauf’s VampChix blog goes up. I’m discussing the fluffy 1969 satirical novel DRACUTWIG. Check it out:

VampChix

Margaret L. Carter
Carter’s Crypt

No comments:

Post a Comment