Sunday, August 22, 2010

I'm Back...

I have just returned, having driven from Detroit to California along Interstate 80 via Illinois, Nebraska, Wyoming, Nevada...

And back via Route 66 and also the 40/44 through Arizona, Texas, Oklahoma, Indiana.


Elephant seals moulting

Extraordinary golden hills

Lava-like fog off California Coast

Husband's car on the concept lawn at Pebble Beach
Manic Arizona Jack Rabbit On Motorcycle
I'll be baaack. Not!













Along the way, I contemplated a great many things, from the violent sex lives of elephant seals, to geology, to cloud and fog formations. I haven't processed it all, yet....

5 comments:

  1. You met my buddy Jay? That would be fun. I went to see his show when he came to Reno. He's one of my favorite celebs. I live in Reno and my friend lives in Wisconsin. One of these days I'm going to drive between, but haven't yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous trip! Your photos are superb. BTW, Fb has banned be because someone accused me of using a false identity. Must'a said something that someone didn't like. Ya think? ;-D Hugs, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photos. Looks like a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Annalee,

    Thank you for the comment. I enjoyed driving on the 80, of course, the time of year matters a great deal. Roads close overnight in the mountains in winter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Frances,
    I am so sorry to hear of your FB problems. Thank you for commenting here.

    ReplyDelete