Sunday, November 08, 2009

Eclectic doings




If this video posts, it is my latest attempt to use images of galaxies to accompany a recording of me reading... so the sound track is important, and the visuals are not.
It's the reverse of music accompanying text and specific visuals, which is the usual way of book trailers.

I'm trying to keep up with NaNoWriMo, and at this time of year I always seem to have a lot of balls in the air. (Juggling metaphor)

One of my earliest memories of story-telling technique lessons in school might be called "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" method. (It wasn't called that). You start with a list of unlikely ingredients, or characters, go with the flow, and try to create a rational and cohesive story.

This method may have harmed me for life! Anyway, I am still more of a puzzler than anything else, and my four unlikely bedfellows (in a literary sense) are the corner pieces of my jigsaw.

I've been researching Pagan ladies... which has been absolutely fascinating, not least because there is a pattern of similarities which includes psychic gifts and the ability to dowse. Also, weather which is a bit of a work in progress, but it helps that I am a member of the Cloud Appreciation Society. My third subject is British police-cars of the 1990's.

In the past, I've posted about my love of lists and of pinning down what is about my hero and heroine's person. I cannot make use of the fact that modern British police fleets include a discreet van that contains a toilet for the comfort of modern officers who may have to spend six hours at the scene of a motorway accident. However, the information that some patrol cars carry a dog catcher set my mind racing in a whole new, and twisted direction for my next alien romance.

No comments:

Post a Comment