Saturday, November 09, 2013

An Asshole Out Of Water

Don't you love a good mixed metaphor? A bad one is even better, particularly if it makes the mind boggle.

In a nutshell, "An Asshole Out Of Water" may be the magic formula for a cracking yarn. This revelation was shared in an insightful movie review by Miek Ryan comparing Crocodile Dundee and Thor, albeit in much more polite language and at greater length.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/08/thor-the-dark-world-review_n_4228143.html

It's well worth reading. Now, I am no longer mystified why some of my readers write to me wanting the further adventures of Thor-quentin on Earth.

:-)

Meanwhile.... on a much more serious note, November 13th is the deadline for authors and others to submit comments to the Copyright Department regarding digital first sale rights.

My view is, those who wish to lend an ebook the same way that they would lend a paperback should simply hand over their loaded Kindle, Nook, or ipad. That would be apples for apples.

CopyrightComments2013 at uspto dot gov.


3 comments:

  1. For anyone unable to read the blog owing to misbehavior by WebRings... I am sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For anyone unable to read the blog owing to misbehavior by WebRings... I am sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got a note about an issue with webrings when loading this blog. I changed the order of our webrings on webrings, and the person who had a problem (I don't know with which browser) no longer had that problem of ending up on webrings instead of this blog.

    If anyone else has a problem, drop a note on this blog, or flag me down on facebook/jacqueline.lichtenberg

    ReplyDelete