Sunday, July 18, 2010

This week the Galaxy Express hosts "Parallel Universe"

Are you going to Orland for the RWA convention? (I am not.) If so, or if not, do you know about the online event at The Galaxy Express?
From July 20-31,The Galaxy Express will host Parallel Universe, a science fiction romance online event that will coincide with the Romance Writers of America’s 30th Annual National Conference (July 28-31 in Orlando, FL). It will be the virtual SFR gathering for those unable to attend the conference.

Parallel Universe will feature a series of guest posts from authors and bloggers on a variety of scintillating science fiction romance topics.

If you’re attending the RWA conference, the hotspot for SFR fans is The Gathering, hosted by the Fantasy, Futuristic, & Paranormal Chapter of RWA.
 
The theme of this year’s Parallel Universe is diversity. I was asked to write about diversity of genitalia --why do people assume that I am an expert in that fertile field?-- but in the end, I wrote about a great deal more than bifurcated manhood, and only lightly touched on hemipenes.

While I was refreshing my memory for the piece, a tapir penis crashed my computer. I had to think for all of 20 seconds about whether I wanted to report to Firefox what I'd been looking at when the problem occurred. I reported on my Facebook profile instead.

My piece should show up on the 29th, in the evening.

Provisional Schedule for Parallel Universe Blogs

Tuesday July 20
Lisa Paitz Spindler
Gini Koch

Wednesday July 21
Nancy Cohen
Ella Drake

Thursday July 22
Ann Somerville
Donna S. Frelick - Spacefreighters Lounge/SFR Brigade

Friday July 23
Rebecca Baumann – Dirty Sexy Books
Kim Knox

Saturday July 24 
Cathy Pegau – Queen of the Frozen North
J.C. Hay

Next Sunday July 25
Sheryl Nantus
Kimber An – Enduring Romance

Monday July 26
Lizzie Newell
Rae Lori

Tuesday July 27
Robert Appleton
Violet Hilton

Wednesday July 28
Jess Granger
Laurie Green – Spacefreighters Lounge/SFR Brigade

Thursday July 29
Pauline B. Jones
Rowena Cherry

Friday July 30
Katherine Allred
KS Augustin

Saturday July 31
Ellen Fisher
Marcella Burnard

Please leave a comment (SFR related) letting us know whether you'll be at RWA or at some other book signing or book promo event this summer.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting about "Parallel Universe". SFR is my all time favorite. I though the information was worth sharing with others so I cut and pasted part of your post on Http://www.mixedbookbag.blogspot.com.
    I did give you credit for the information and put a link to both Galaxy Express and Alien Romances in my post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much indeed, JC Jones.

    If you use Firefox (which is free) it also has an automatic Share function. You get an orange box with a white cross on your toolbar, and then you can share a link to any site or webpage with your Twitter, Facebook, Blogger, Bebo (240 sites) pages.

    I mention it because it saves ages and is a great way to promote/share that which interests one.

    ReplyDelete