Friday, June 23, 2006

A week's adventures in blog-land

Folks:

Well, I suppose it was inevitable. I had resisted the whole idea of doing a blog, but Rowena Cherry is an irresistible force -- so I joined this blog on Alien Romance.

And she invited me to the companion blog focused Survival Romance -- a theme that's got my imagination running overtime already.

Then she advised me to get onto Amazon Connect where authors are allowed to post to their readers -- a new feature I had neglected to pay attention to.

That's quite a hassle -- they make you get your publisher or agent or publicist to verify that you really wrote the books you did write. I can see why! I'm just wondering if somehow that will help their computer sort away books written by others with similar names.

So yesterday I put up my first Amazon Connect post -- and already got 3 votes and a reply! The thing actually works!

You may note that the Amazon post I did is about a new Amazon Review for my Vampire Romance, Those of My Blood -- which asked a number of questions the answers to which may make up into a new story!

So while the last thing I need in my life is more story ideas, blogging has certainly unleashed a new flood of them. I don't know what to do first!

Jacqueline Lichtenberg
http://www.simegen.com/jl/

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Jacqueline,

    The credit for inviting you to join this blog goes to Linnea Sinclair. She suggested you... I slapped my forehead, and said,
    "Of course!"

    LOL on the verification process at Amazon! It took an age to get MATING NET verified. Once your books are verified, though, there's a Product icon you can click on, so that your cover shows up as a live link by every blog you post on Amazon.

    Best wishes,

    Rowena

    ReplyDelete